Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Samsung Galaxy S3 Vs iPhone 5




Samsung Galaxy S3 has a much larger display, has more configurability and expandability and seems to have most (if not all) of what I want. It is not straight-jacketed by iTunes. (A real plus in my book.) And, because of my Blackberry, I already have microUSB cables and chargers.
Still, as compelling as it might be on that side, there are some reasons that I am tending to stay with my iPhone choice. I have an iPad and I know I can keep many (if not all) of the same apps. This also means I already understand the user interface. Many of my relations (wife, kids, sister) all have iPhones. Since I work in IT and am reasonably tech savvy, I am not put off too much about learning Android. But I feel less confident about the other issues. Given my situation, are there enough compelling reasons to stay with iOS or would going to the Samsung Galaxy S3 be a better choice?
People say this doesn't necessarily mean that the screen is really any better. CNET's own Jessica Dolcourt did a round up of the best screens on the market and she ranks the Samsung Galaxy SIII at the bottom, while giving high marks to the iPhone 5. You may need to check out the displays for yourself to determine which one is best for you. Android phones are more configurable than iOS devices. And that's still the case when you look at the iPhone 5 compared to the Samsung Galaxy S3. This means you'll have a lot more flexibility in customizing the Samsung Galaxy SIII than you would the iPhone 5. Given that you are an IT guy, I imagine you aren't afraid to play around with your device. My guess is you won't have any trouble adapting to the Samsung Galaxy SIII. The Ice Cream Sandwich user interface is not that complicated to use. And the interface will only get better once it's upgraded to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean.
I also agree that it's very nice to be able to use any microUSB cable and charger with your smartphone. I've had a lot of devices pass through my home over the years, and it is nice when I don't have to hunt through my drawer to find just the right charger for each device. It also means that I can leave chargers in different places. I have one that I keep in my bedroom. Another I have in the living room, and a third one I leave at the office. This way, I'm never without a charger when the battery goes low.
Weused to be able to do the same thing with my iPhone 3GS, since it used the same charger as my iPod. (Plus I had previously owned an iPhone 3G and kept that charger.) But the fact that Apple has changed the charging input in this version of the iPhone and the fact that it's not a standard microUSB is a pain in the butt. It doesn't seem like a big deal, but I think you're smart to consider this practical aspect when deciding which device to get, especially if you're already on the fence.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hello friends how are you????????????

Followers

Total Pageviews